thursday 12/7: network meeting schedule
reseau citoyen, okno
thursday july 12, 2007
cédric thernon, olivier meunier, bart vandeput, jan ritsema, olu , dimitri dhuyvetter, annemie maes, junior vandebroeck, patrick de kooning
- the technical structure of RC
- how to add/set up a new node/antenna?
* hardware (wrt, other)
* antennas (omni and directional)
- how to connect to the network (bombolong)
* on your own node/antenna
* on another specific node/antenna
* "from the streetlevel" (no specific antenna)
- do you need to install OLSR to discover the network and to connect?
* other routing protocols?
- how to browse content on the RC-network
* how to add content?
* webserver / webpages?
* what is possible with audio/video?
- how to expand the RC-network with Hives?
_ how to make the RC nodes as low power as possible?
* can a node be completely wireless?
* alternative energy sources?
- * how to find people on the network since there's no dns
* does it support all common protocols (http, sftp, ssh, rtsp, torrents, other things i don't know anything about). can you run it like the web?
some interesting links:
- RC, introduction sans fil: www.reseaucitoyen.be/wiki/index.php/IntroductionSansFil
- Meshing in the Future - The free configuration of everything and everyone with Hive Networks: publication.nodel.org/Meshing-in-the-Future
- WirelessFreeNetworks: Why? : publication.nodel.org/WirelessFreeNetworksWhyTo